A compound of resin-hardener-pigment-filler used for surface finishing (dry paint) broadly of 2 types – Thermosetting and Thermoplastic.
Thermosetting Powder coatings can be obtained in a number of grades e.g. Epoxy, FBE, Epoxy- Polyester , Architectural Polyester, hybrids, Polyester, Super Durable Polyester, Polyurethane.
Powder Coating Benefits
- Powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled (Over- sprayed powder can be reclaimed
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences with more consistent and durable surface
- Wider colour and gloss ranges
- Varieties of surface finishes (rough, smooth, texture)
- Varieties of special finishes (wood, marble, metallic)
Powder coatings can be applied to aluminium, mild steel, galvanized mild steel, some plastics and timber products such as MDF.
Typical uses are for white goods (washing machines, refrigerators, etc.), bicycles, automotive and transportation components, office furniture, air conditioners, marine, pipes and many more applications.
For architectural uses, powder coatings are regularly applied to window frames, curtain walling, cladding, pressings, louvers, handrails etc.