Following years of intensive research and gradual development, alloys made from recycled aluminium have now become a fact: X-ECO. The name translates at once as an important quality of the product: equivalence. That is because the properties of our recycled aluminium alloys are equivalent to those of primary aluminium. Our planet is straining under the burden caused by CO2 emissions, the mass consumption of energy and raw materials, their wastage and the pollution they create. Gulf Extrusions wants to make its contribution towards calling a halt to this downward spiral. By remelting aluminium and turning it into new alloys, we are preventing further expansion of the waste mountain. Moreover, we are vastly reducing CO2 emissions.
Several good arguments for using the applications of Gulf Extrusion’s X-ECO:
- Its properties comply with European standards
- The quality of recycled X-ECO is equal to that of primary aluminium
- The pre-consumer recycled content and post-consumer recycled content is in the range of 90-95%
- Reduction of 60 to 80% CO2 emission in comparison to exploiting primary aluminium
- Re-melting requires only 5% of the energy in comparison to exploiting primary aluminium
- Applicable for a large number of alloys